We started this course with some review of python. We did some of the basic things like the mutable and immutable data types. We learned that '==' means equality of values in the memory and 'is' means equality of addresses in the memory. We went over some examples in class. Im glad we reviewed the previous basic material as I had forgotten some of it. After the review, we started with the material for this course. We talked about classes and what they represent, the methods and attributes that a class has. We then developed a class called Rectangle. I was having some difficulty with the new format of the type contracts in the beginning as I took CSC108 last year and we used to write type contracts in a different way. I had to go over a few examples several times to get them right. In the second week, we developed 3 classes and learned some key terms of the OO world. The material posted for reading was very helpful, it contains thorough detail on the material. Adjusting to PyCharm was an obstacle for me, I had previously used Wing. Also, I changed my laptop and PyCharm was giving me a hard time as it was not working properly. Labs also started this week, we had our first lab assignment and quiz. I found the lab assignment quite hard as I haven't been in touch with programming since a while. The good thing was that the quiz was extremely easy. I really like my TA as well, she is very friendly and helpful. Overall, I thought the material up till now was challenging. I requires a lot of thinking and logic. But I am sure once I go over the material again I will be able to understand it.
No comments:
Post a Comment